To see the full version of our newsletter please click here.
Happy Birthday MSH!
Did you know that we celebrated our FOURTH BIRTHDAY on September 29, 2021? In honor of our fourth birthday, the Magdalene Serenity House residents and staff would like to say THANK YOU to our Board, Volunteers, and Supporters. Together, we are empowering women and healing a community. We are pleased to share photos from our small celebration and some words of gratitude from our incredible residents.
“In this journey at MSH, I have worked on boundaries, coping skills, values, resentments, thinking errors, my sobriety and relationships. Today I can say I’ve had a great growth experience -literally an awakening inside my soul – and that I’m an OVERCOMER! Magdalene Serenity House has been my saving grace, my restoration. Thank you for helping me break the cycle and save my life!
“Happy Birthday MSH! Thank you so much for changing my life and giving me this opportunity to be the best version of ME!”
“Thank you to all the volunteers and staff at MSH. This place has given me the opportunity to become a successful member of society and learn new ways of life.”
“Life is amazing. I would never trade what I have now for one day in my addiction. Thank you to all the supporters and volunteers. You guys make this possible for us!”
“This program has saved my life and given my kids their mom back and my mom and dad their daughter back. I will forever be grateful for this program and every single one of the people that makes this place possible!”
Heal One Woman, Heal a Community
– The MSH Staff & Residents
- One of our current residents, one graduate and a former resident told their recovery stories to the ladies at Arkansas Community Corrections. Their experience, strength and hope were an inspiration for participants and counselors alike.
- One of our residents went from monthly parole supervision to annual supervision. This is a huge accomplishment!
- One of our residents will start a new job at Lifestyles and start CNA training!
- We had two residents phase up and obtain employment this month!
- We welcomed home a new resident from Arkansas Community Corrections this month. She is settling in well and we are so glad she is here!
Northwest Arkansas Community Corrections Visit
The Treatment team from the Northwest Arkansas Community Correctional Center in Fayetteville visited MSH this month. It was fun for the residents to see their old counselors and catch them up on all the great work they are doing at MSH! Want to take a tour and learn more about our life changing program? Please contact email@example.com. We would love to meet you!
We are looking for more volunteers! Liz will be on maternity leave starting in late November and we will need more volunteer drivers to help with resident transportation to appointments and work. This is a great opportunity to get to know our residents and provide support on their healing journey! All residents and staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are requiring those who would like to volunteer also be vaccinated. Questions about volunteering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us Heal a Community
Ways to support Magdalene Serenity House residents in rebuilding their lives:
- Visit http://www.lovehealsnwa.org to make your one-time contribution or set up your monthly recurring contributions. Donations are directed toward safe housing, utilities, transportation, counseling, medical care and job training for women, so they can reintegrate into the community.
- Start your shopping from Amazon Smile and designate a percentage of your dollars spent to MSH.
- Purchase items from our Amazon Wish List that our residents and graduates currently need and have them shipped directly to us!
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Help us spread the word about how we are Healing a Community! Host us to be a presenter at your company or community group
Planned Giving Opportunities
There are multiple planned giving options for making substantial gifts to Magdalene Serenity House while achieving individual and family financial goals. The following are just a few:
- Will or Bequest
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan Beneficiary
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
Your planned gifts will help to ensure that MSH can continue to create paths for healing and recovery for years to come.
Please visit with your Financial Advisor or Attorney about ways you can plan your estate to best benefit you, your loved ones, and MSH!
If you have already included MSH in your Estate Plans, please let us know! Contact Joy Morris, Development Director, at email@example.com.
- The Lion’s Club donated funds for the special vision needs of a resident.
- The Fayetteville Newcomer’s Club selected MSH as their annual charity beneficiary.
- Northside Rotary Club hosted us to be a presenter.
- GiveCamp NWA helped us make improvements to our website.
- Twentieth Century Club donated funds to help us purchase parenting books for our program!
And a special thank you to everyone who purchased items from our Amazon Wish Lists. We are grateful for your generous support!